Featured image: Join us for our JourneyWoman community calls throughout 2022
For the community, by the community
Our Community Calls were launched in April 2020 when the entire world was in some stage of lockdown. We started them to keep isolated JourneyWomen feeling connected and to create a greater sense of community among our readers. We thought it would be a temporary effort, but the calls touched something in the hearts of JourneyWomen, our numbers grew, and we kept them going without taking breaks—even when July 4, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day fell on Fridays. We added a monthly West Coast Call and one for the Southern Hemisphere.
We’ve been inspired by the openness, generosity, wisdom, and support displayed by participants on calls that made us alternately laugh, cry, smile, sigh, and feel the bonds of global sisterhood. That’s all down to the calibre and character of the women in this community.
So, as travel begins to ramp up, we’re opting to do things a little differently this year. We’re switching up the format and frequency to breathe new life into programming that we’ve been running for almost two years now. We’re getting members of the community more involved in these calls—not only as participants but as hosts.
JourneyWoman 2022 Community Calls—What to Expect
We will hold two Community Calls each month:
- One on the second Friday of the month at 10 am EST/7 am PST
- One on the fourth Thursday of the month at 3 pm PST/6 pm EST/10 am AEDT (first Thursday call of 2022 is at 11 am PST/2 pm EST/6 am AEDT)
Format & Hosts
To keep things fresh and regular attendees engaged, we’ve created a format that will see us rotate between tips-based discussion topics and issues-based discussion topics—a mix of the practical and fun, and the deep and inspiring.
In addition to Carolyn and Amanda, who will lead a select number of calls in 2022, we’re tapping women in this community to try their hand at hosting—and we’ll be bringing in some special guest experts when the topic calls for it. A selection of the topics that we and women of the community have cooked up for you:
- The Digital Nomad Life
- Giving Age the Middle Finger
- What I Wish the Travel Industry Understood About Who I Am/How I Travel
- How Can We All Become Better Travellers?
- How Can We Make the World Safer for Women?
- How to Connect with Locals & Make Friends Around the World
- The Best Markets Around the World & Why We Love Them
- Things Travellers Don’t Want to Think About but Need To: Wills & Finances
How to Register
We are moving to a Pay What You Can model for both calls to help offset the cost of programming and Zoom. While it’s not mandatory to pay to attend a call, we appreciate every donation we receive, no matter how small. It helps keep us and this community running.