Recently I was in the Arctic with a tour group that consisted of travellers from all over the world. Chatting with one of the women she told me that she had read my ‘diaper bag’ tip a long time ago and it was the best travel tip she had ever received. I had forgotten about that bit of advice written so long ago so I’ve decided to resurrect it.
Every travelling woman deserves a stylish diaper bag or two.
“But,” you say. “Why not use a backpack for travelling?”
“Because.” I say. Here are seven reasons why:
1. Wear a backpack and everybody quickly identifies you as a tourist and that includes the social deviants and pickpockets who are out to get you.
2. On a walk in Paris or Rome or Madrid you want to look stylish in your wraparound dress and matching cardi, don’t you? A smart looking diaper bag slung across your chest and resting on your hip looks far better than that rugged backpack you take camping.
3. Unlike a tote bag, the diaper bag lining is often white and allows you to easily identify what you have in the bag.
4. A good diaper bag always has multiple pockets inside and out so you can organize ‘your stuff.’
5. The interior compartments designed to hold baby bottles upright will hold that bottle of water you will need to keep yourself hydrated.
6. An inexperienced tourist wears their camera around their neck. A smart traveller keeps it hidden in her diaper bag.
7. Finally, every diaper bag has a plastic change mat in it. That mat becomes your seat should you decide to rest anywhere and watch the world go by.
Happy stylish travelling, everybody!