Last updated on May 3rd, 2022
2022 JourneyWoman Editorial Calendar
JourneyWoman is the original solo travel publication for women, by women
With almost 30 years of publishing history, we seek to provide content that inspires curiosity and self-discovery. Our goal is to connect mature, adventurous women with travel experiences that are authentic, meaningful and transformative.
Editorial Calendar and Advertising Opportunities
Partnering with JourneyWoman is a two-way relationship. With loyal readers who have been with for over 25 years, we are grateful for their trust and very protective of their privacy.
If you are advertising with us, you must actively participate in our community to see results. Participate in a community call, join our private Facebook group or website forum, follow our social media channels and get to know us. Recommend us and share our articles on your networks. We’ll do the same for you!
Join our Women’s Travel Directory
in August 2021, JourneyWoman acquired WomenTravel.info, creating the world’s largest searchable directory of women-friendly tours, retreats, accommodations and guides in over 100 countries. Founded in New Zealand by passionate traveller Rosemary Neave in 2009, Women Travel the World connects women travellers to hundreds of women-friendly small businesses.
As an expansion of our existing Women’s Travel Directory, we provide women with access to the world’s largest listing of verified women-friendly businesses with a focus on slow travel, adventure travel, wellness and luxury travel and inclusive of LGBTQ+ and Indigenous tourism. It has a custom search engine, allowing women to search by many variables such as activity, destination and date.
JourneyWoman Magazine: Published on the first Thursday of each month, this features women’s travel trends, inspirational articles, book of the month and thoughtful articles from our regular contributors, guest writers and partners. Issued the first week of the month, except January.
Editorial is subject to review and due one month prior. Sponsorship opportunities are available.
- Jan 13: TravelReady: 2022 Outlook
- February 3: Adventurous Women
- March 3: International Women’s Day Special Issue: Women’s Empowerment in Travel
- April 7: The Earth Issue: Sustainable/Eco Travel, Animal Tourism, Safaris, Conservation
- May 5: The Power of Solo Women, Tips and Memoirs
- June 2: Solo Travel Safety, Tips and More
- July 7: Travel Planning: From Accommodations to Packing and More
- August 4: Budget Travel: Hi-Low Travel, Hostels to Luxury Travel, Train travel and more
- September 1: Holiday Travel: Christmas Markets, Winter Festivals, River Cruising
- October 6: Our Second Annual Once-in-a-Lifetime Women’s Travel Issue
- November 3: The Service Issue: Volunteerism, Giving Back
- December 1: Gift Guide and Best of 2022
Special Features: Published on the third Thursday of each month, these highly curated issues focus on topics such as Slow Travel, Wellness or Once-in-a-Lifetime Experiences.
Editorial is due one month prior. We curate all tour or retreat listings and limit them to 10 advertisers per issue. Space must be reserved two weeks prior.
- Jan 27: Wellness and Renewal (Retreats, self-care)
- Feb 17: Active Adventuress (Active pursuits: biking, sailing, kayaking)
- March 17: Women-Friendly Accommodations
- March 24: Less-travelled Places
- April 28: Safari and Wildlife Conservation, Eco-friendly Experiences
- May 19: Slow Travel and Long Stays
- June 16: The Storytellers: Writing, Art and Photography
- July 21: Culinary, Art, Music and History Experiences
- August 18: Retreats and Self-care
- September 15: Walking, Hiking and Learning
- October 21: Once-in-a-Lifetime Experiences
- November 17: From Glamping to Luxury Travel
- December 15: 2023 Specials
Note: Dates subject to change
Destination Newsletters: Published several times a year, we offer curated newsletters focusing on a destination, allowing both editorial and tour experiences for our readers.
Advertising copy deadlines are two weeks prior, Editorial is due one month prior.
- April 14: Europe, UK and Ireland
- May 26: Australia and the Pacific
- July 14: Africa and the Middle East
- August 25: North America + the Arctic Circle/Antarctic
- September 22: Mexico, the Caribbean
- October 13: Central, Latin and South America
- November 24: Asia + India
Please note: Curated issues on specific countries are available please reach out for more information.
Note: Dates subject to change
We welcome story pitches, ideas and articles from women in our community.
At this time, we are not able to pay for submissions but we can provide a platform reaching almost 100,000 women around the world.
To learn what kinds of article and topics we accept, visit our Write for Us page.
We do not publish articles or posts from marketing or advertising firms.
We will consider paid advertising and sponsored posts, pending editorial review, in our destination features.
You can learn more about opportunities to build a relationship with our community on our Partnership page. Advertising inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tour Operators + Experiences, Tourism Boards
We welcome your inquiries and would be pleased to discuss partnership opportunities.
Tour operators are invited to join our Women’s Travel Directory and monthly calls. Please contact email@example.com to learn more!
Tourism Boards should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about our destination features.
Meet our Editorial Team
Writing for JourneyWoman is a full-time job but it never feels like work! Our small team loves adventure, storytelling, writing and to empower women through travel.
Our editorial staff includes Carolyn Ray, our Publisher and Editor-in-Chief (Right), and Amanda Burgess, our Editor. You can read more about us on the Our Story page of this website. We are both experienced travellers, and members of the highly respected professional association called the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW). Carolyn is also a member of the Travel Media Association of Canada (TMAC).
In 2020 – 2021, we welcomed several new Contributing Writers to our team: Diana Eden, who focuses on travel for women over 80, Sue Jansen, who writes for women over 50, Sally Peabody, who contributes incredible destination-focused articles from her years of experience as a tour operator and travel writer, and Rosemary Neave, founder of WomenTravel.info who is based in New Zealand and covers LGBTQ+ travel. We are honoured to have them on our small but mighty team!