Last updated on March 29th, 2023
2023 JourneyWoman Editorial Calendar
JourneyWoman is the original solo travel publication for women, by women
With almost 30 years of publishing history, we seek to provide content that inspires curiosity and self-discovery. Our goal is to connect mature, adventurous women with travel experiences that are authentic, meaningful and transformative.
2022-23 Editorial Calendar
*subject to change, please confirm with our team before preparing any materials.
We publish four newsletters a month: JourneyWoman Magazine, Things She Loves, JourneyWoman Book Club, and Monthly Solo Deals and Trips.
JourneyWoman Magazine: Published on the first Friday of each month, this features women’s travel trends, inspirational articles, book of the month and thoughtful articles from our regular contributors, guest writers and partners.
- December 7, 2022: Gift Guide and Best of 2022
- Jan 12, 2023: Celebrating Women 50+
- February 10: Adventurous Women 50+
- March 8: Celebrating Women / Annual IWD Photo Exhibition
- April 6: Sustainable Travel
- May 5: Budget Travel
- June 2: Slow Travel
- July 7: Adventure Travel
- August 3: Solo Travel Safety
- September 7: Wellness Travel
- October 5: Shoulder Season/ Less-Travelled Places
- November 2: Travel Dreaming for 2023
- December 3: Best of 2022, Looking to 2023
Things She Loves: Published the last Tuesday of each month, Things She Loves features unique women-recommended travel gear and products. We strive to support women-owned businesses and entrepreneurs who create practical, sustainable products. To recommend a product complete our form here. To recommend a small business please complete our form here.
Issues to date have included:
- September 2022: Double-Duty Packing
- October 2022: Travel Technology
- November/December 2022: Holiday Joy Gift Guide
- January 2023: Money and Time Saving Travel Tips
- February 2023: Travel Intimates: Bras and Underwear
- March 2023: Surprising Things Savvy Women Pack
JourneyWoman Book Club News: Published the week of our monthly book club meeting, this newsletter includes books that inspire women to travel. Now in its fourth year, our monthly book club is held the third Wednesday of each month. Books are recommended by JourneyWoman readers and shortlisted by our book club team and TripFiction, our book club partner. We regularly invite authors and destination experts to join us and share their wisdom. Read about our upcoming books here.
- January: “The Memory Keeper of Kyiv” With Erin Litteken (Ukraine)
- February: “Eva Luna” by Isabelle Allende (South America)
- March: “Tangerine” by Christine Mangan (Morocco)
- April: “Remember Me” by Charity Norman (New Zealand)
- May: “The Kimono Tattoo” by Rebecca Copeland (Japan)
- June: “The Girl with the Louding Voice” by Abi Daré (Nigeria)
- July: “What the Psychic Told the Pilgrim: A Midlife Misadventure on Spain’s Camino de Santiago de Compostela” by Jane Christmas (Spain)
- August: “Still Life” by Sarah Winman (Florence, Italy)
- September: “The Seamstress”/ “The Time In Between” by Maria Dueñas (Spain/Morocco)
- October – December – to come
Monthly Solo Deals and Trips: Published on the third Thursday of each month, this curated feature includes women-friendly small businesses from our Women’s Travel Directory. Participation is limited to a maximum of 15 tours, and preferably discounts for our readers. Examples are here.
To join our Women’s Travel Directory click here.
Themed and Destination Newsletters: Published several times a year, we offer curated newsletters focusing on a destination or a topic such as wellness travel, allowing both editorial and tour experiences for our readers. In the spirit of partnership, all advertisers must be listed in our Women’s Travel Directory.
Special Advertising Features: We offer special email marketing options to partners who have more than three tours to promote at any one time. In the spirit of partnership, all advertisers must be listed in our Women’s Travel Directory.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.