Expanding our JourneyWoman Community Calls

Who better than a JourneyWoman to help other women?

In these trying times, we are so fortunate to have each other – a safe haven of women – rich with ideas and experiences.It’s important that we support each other and share our feelings and knowledge as we face this time of uncertainty and anxiety.

This is a journey like none other. Never have we needed each other as we much as we do now.

On March 15, the day after I returned from Cuba, I sent out an email to our 55,000-strong JourneyWoman community, asking what I could do. I invited JourneyWomen with experience in a particular area to actively participate and share their stories. I asked you what things you needed and wanted.  We decided to set up these calls to connect in a new way.

On March 20, we began weekly JourneyWoman Community Virtual Circles on zoom.  These meetings have continued and are held every Friday at 10 am EDT. Now, we are expanding those calls to other regions of the world, so that more JourneyWomen can join and participate. In our new regions, we’re starting on a monthly basis and if there is a desire to increase the frequency we’re happy to do that.

Everyone is welcome on our JourneyWoman Virtual Circle Calls

• East Coast US/Canada/Europe/Mexico/ South America10 am EDT, 3pm BST (UK) WEEKLY on Fridays. Hosted by Carolyn Ray, Publisher, and Amanda Burgess, Editor. Register here
  • West Coast US/Canada: 11 am PDT, second Thursday of each month MONTH. Hosted by Marillee Carroll, JourneyWoman Advisory Council member (California) Register here.
  • Australia/Bali/India5 pm AEST on second Tuesday of each MONTH. Hosted by Amit Janco, JourneyWoman Advisory Council member (Bali). Register here.

REGISTRATION:  For security reasons, we pay for a Zoom account.  Pre-registration is required for security reasons and to hold space for each other. Zoom requires that we change the dial in every seven occurences. Please check our Events Calendar for updated registration information.

You can select multiple dates to attend. Please do try to attend if you register, as we keep these sessions small so all voices can be heard. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. We have also taken the recommended security steps from Zoom to do our best to ensure that our calls remain private. These sessions are not shared on social media or streamed to ensure your personal privacy.

AGENDA: These calls are for you. We share what is happening in our world, our hopes, our dreams and our aspirations for the future. We also talk about travel, our privilege as travellers and what we can do to actively create a better world.  All sessions are confidential, and the content is not made public. This is a safe space for everyone.

FEEDBACK TO DATE:

“Thanks so much for this. It’s important to keep a flow of positive information and knowing that there are good people out there thinking of each other not just themselves.” –  hugs, Marion

“Thank you so much for the encouraging words.  People are in a bit of a daze in Las Vegas right now.  Just keeping in touch is a comfort to us all.  Bless you and yours.” – JoAnn

“Hi Carolyn, today is Evelyn’s birthday and I miss her so much. I would go to her apartment in Toronto for a visit every time I was in town, and always loved to catch up. Thank you for keeping her legacy alive <3 “ – Jodi

“This was such a welcome email to read!    My intent is to congratulate you for getting the reality that we all wish to be connected to one another, and not with words of panic. We’re wired to be connected to one another, in close ways with some and not so much with others.  Isolation is not healthy, nor is it the solution to this crisis. I’m grateful to you, your team, and to all the Journeywomen “out there” over the years who have enriched my travel experiences in so many ways. – Carla

Zoom Resources

We have evaluated a number of technology platforms and found Zoom to be the most user-friendly, secure and cost-effective. JourneyWoman has a paid Zoom account which allows us an upgraded experience from the free account used by most people. Zoom allows both video and non-video (eg telephone) communications. Each participant must register in advance to receive a password.

You can connect on your phone or computer using a link or dial in to a toll-free number. When you click on the link or dial in,  you will be placed in a waiting room so that the host can review all participants before the call begins. To ensure privacy, we have disabled screen sharing. During the call, the host may mute you so that others can be heard. You can use the internet or download a desktop or phone app.

For more information how to use zoom:

Joining a Meeting https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting

Zoom security and safety: https://blog.zoom.us/wordpress/2020/03/20/keep-uninvited-guests-out-of-your-zoom-event

Journey Woman

Follow JourneyWoman for curated articles, tips, news and content from our community and our partners.

11 Comments

1. Avatar

Hi, I cannot figure out the times you all meet. I am in the Pacific time zone. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Hi, if you ever expand your community calls to include the UK I would be very interested. I have read your newsletters for a number of years being a ‘young at heart’ mature single traveller

• Journey Woman

Hi Brenda, so happy to hear this! We have women from Europe join our 10 am ET call on Fridays (which would be @3 pm your time) – would that work for you? If not, let us know what will! Thank you, Carolyn

3. Avatar

Hi
    I have been viewing your content via emails for a long time. I have not actually traveled much myself but enjoy seeing and hearing about other women who are brave travelers and it is inspiring. I would like to venture out there , maybe just within the US for now, but I am not so brave to go solo. and of course right now I can only plan (also a fun part of travel) and adapt plans to avoid covid virus risks.
    Do you have any suggestions on how to find other women in my area( Maine) and budget(small) with similar interests who I can join on a trip? Is it best to go through a travel agency? Thanks!

I’m in the same position … but in the SW.

4. Katherine Nelson

I love the Friday calls and enjoy the JourneyWoman Circle! Inspirational devotions from Amanda are perfect. Hope the calls continue past October 30……… I cannot attend October 30 and will miss it.

5. Avatar

I am looking to meet up with some friendly positive fun ladies in AZ. Preferably Tucson. But – I also love Sedona, Cottonwood, Prescott. Don’t travel alone much but I’m willing to get my feet wet!! Hubby is just never home due to work and time is going by quickly.

6. Avatar

Thank you for your site btw. I should’ve begun my messages with that! Looking forward to new life experiences. You just never know where you can go. It is becoming very strict and concerning once again due to Covid. That’s why I’d like to stay local – Tucson – and the state right now. Still lots to do, see and explore in our own back yards, yes? Many thanks to you all at
    journeywoman❤️💕❤️🙈

7. Avatar

Thank you for your site btw. I should’ve begun my messages with that! Looking forward to new life experiences. You just never know where you can go. It is becoming very strict and concerning once again due to Covid. That’s why I’d like to stay local . Still lots to do, see and explore in our own back yards, yes? Many thanks to you all at
    journeywoman❤️💕❤️🙈

8. Avatar

Hello journeywomen. I am living in Holland and travelled solo to many places in the world. I would like to share my experience and I would love to create a community of solo travel women with owntransportation. I bought a small Van last year and would be pleased to meet you on the road. I do not know if this is the right place. If so do contact me if not can you help me along. Thanks. Stay healthy and happy holidays

We always strive to use real photos from our own adventures, provided by the guest writer or from our personal travels. However, in some cases, due to photo quality, we must use stock photography. If you have any questions about the photography please let us know.

Disclaimer: We are so happy that you are checking out this page right now! We only recommend things that are suggested by our community, or through our own experience, that we believe will be helpful and practical for you. Some of our pages contain links, which means we’re part of an affiliate program for the product being mentioned. Should you decide to purchase a product using a link from on our site, JourneyWoman may earn a small commission from the retailer, which helps us maintain our beautiful website. Thank you!

We want to hear what you think about this article, and we welcome any updates or changes to improve it. You can comment below, or send an email to us at editor@journeywoman.com.

Submit a Comment