Last updated on November 3rd, 2022
Work With JourneyWoman
Partner With Us
JourneyWoman is the original solo women’s travel website, trusted by women around the world
Women make over 80% of all travel decisions
JourneyWoman ranks in the top travel websites globally (#16 in 2021)
Women have trusted us for almost 30 years to help them travel safely and well
We have never invested in paid advertising – our growth is by word of mouth
‘Journeywoman.com outperforms businesses with million-dollar branding budgets’ (Toronto Star)
About our Audience
Our readers are mature, active, adventurous solo women 50+- the world’s most influential travellers
This is more than a travel website. Being a ‘JourneyWoman’ is a sign of pride. Our readers consider themselves ‘members’ of a like-minded community of women travellers.
Four things you need to know about JourneyWoman.com
- JourneyWoman.com went online in 1997. It is one of the original travel sites in the world, and regarded as the first website for solo women travellers.
- In 2019, the entire website was rebuilt and relaunched, with a fraction of the original content (which was in excess of 4,000 pages).
- JourneyWoman has never done any advertising or paid SEO. To date, we have grown by word of mouth.
- With the acquisition of WomenTravel.info, we also provide women with the largest (and most searchable) directory of women-friendly travel services in the world, including tours, guides, retreats and accommodations.
Reach and Engagement
- Mailing list: 61,000+ (as of November 2022)
- JourneyWoman.com ranks in the top travel websites in the world (#16 in 2021)
- MOZ Domain Authority: 55 (JourneyWoman.com)
- Twitter followers: 42,000+
- Facebook Fans: 25,000 + Private Solo Travel Wisdom Group (4,000 since January 2020)
- Instagram: 4,100+ / YouTube: 500 / LinkedIn: 400 (established in 2019)*
JourneyWoman Magazine: Published monthly, this features women’s travel trends, inspirational articles, book of the month and thoughtful articles from our regular contributors, guest writers and partners. Contact email@example.com to learn more.
Special Features: These themed issues on topics such as Slow Travel, Wellness or Once-in-a-Lifetime Experiences include curated editorial and advertising opportunities for tour and retreat partners listed in our Women’s Travel Directory. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. to learn more.
Destination Newsletters: We offer curated newsletters focusing on a destination, allowing tour and retreat operators to provide exclusive experiences for our readers. Contact email@example.com to learn more.
Connecting Women to Women-Friendly Tours and Retreats: Our Women’s Travel Directory offers women the world’s largest searchable database of women-friendly tours, retreats, guides and accommodations, searchable by date, destination, and activity.
Collaboration among tour and retreat operators is encouraged through monthly calls and a private Facebook group.
Listings are available on an annual basis for companies that meet our criteria. We also offer additional marketing opportunities on our website, newsletters and social media channels. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Brand partnerships and Tourism Boards: Our editorial team works closely with our tourism boards, tour companies and brands to share unique experiences in an authentic, meaningful way. Contact email@example.com to learn more. (Shown: CEO Carolyn Ray on the Camino de Santiago in October 2021 as a guest of Wild Women Expeditions.)
JourneyWoman Store: Our store features sustainable, practical travel products and is also an opportunity to feature women-made products and services.
If you have product or design that you’d like to see featured on our products, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
JourneyWoman Book Club: We regularly feature women’s stories, authors and places of interest to women, and regular host book club calls. Visit our Book Club to learn more.
Webinars: We host #TravelReady webinars on topical issues such as self-defense for women, safety, travel insurance, destinations and more. Sponsorship opportunities are available on a limited basis. Over 500 women registered for our Self-Defense Skills webinar, which we combined with editorial, our #TravelReady safety survey results and a news release. Contact email@example.com to learn more.
TravelReady Reader Surveys: We regularly conduct surveys with our global audience of adventurous female travellers to guide our editorial, events and design new services and partnerships. Downloadable PDFS of the samples below are available on our Media page, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to learn more.