Last updated on April 24th, 2022
Adventure tours for women, from Croatia to Slovenia
by JourneyWoman (Sponsored)
Adventure means many things – it can be the thrill of pushing yourself physically, connecting with your inner spirit, embracing the wonder of the unexpected or learning something new about yourself. But it all starts with having the right mindset – being open, curious and adaptive.
This curated selection of tours from our Women’s Travel Directory features selected experiences for adventurous women. We invite you to leave a review for a tour company you’ve travelled with on their listing page and help them improve their service to you. When you travel, we hope that you’ll support a woman-owned small business, and look for the “JourneyWoman Verified” mark, which indicates the tour or retreat company has been reviewed using specific women-friendly criteria. One small favour: if you book a tour from our directory, please let the tour operator know you read about it on JourneyWoman!
- Trek to Everest Basecamp: From the moment your plane touches the tarmac into Lukla, the natural jitters begin. Your heart is supposed to thump wildly in the Himalayas! Magical, transformative days lie ahead as you experience a carefully curated itinerary of dreams. Learn more about this tour from Wild Women Expeditions here. `
2. Kornati Islands Kayak Adventure: The Kornati Islands Kayaking Adventure will allow you to glide through the magic realm of one of the most inaccessible places in Croatia. Kornati is wild in the fullest sense—it’s the largest and densest archipelago in the Adriatic. Learn more about this tour from Wild Women Expeditions here.
3. Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu: The trail to Machu Picchu can be lifelong. It’s a trip that’s built on a rock-solid dream, a commitment to spiritual enlightenment, mental integrity, dark chocolate and intense physical challenge!. Learn more about this tour from Wild Women Expeditions here.
4. Big Bend Exploring & Hiking: Spend a day paddling the deep canyons of the Rio Grande, take on the challenge of a trek up into the Chisos Mountains, and at night, relish the opportunity for stargazing in amazing darkness. Learn more about this tour from Adventures in Good Company here. `
5. Hiking Slovenia and the Julian Alps: Join us in the fabled landscape of Slovenia, a stunningly beautiful destination with history and old-world culture apparent everywhere. Learn more about this tour from Adventures in Good Company here.
6. Slackpacking Harpers Ferry: Do you dream of hiking the Appalachian Trail but are not a backpacker? Hike a different stretch of the trail every day carrying only a daypack, and enjoy a hot shower, home-cooked meal, and a comfy bed each night. Learn more about this tour from Adventures in Good Company here. `
7. Preserving Africa’s Wildlife in South Africa: Work with the elephants up close in South Africa. A once-in-a-lifetime active adventure for the animal lover! Learn more about this tour from Girls’ Guide to Paris here. `
8. Camino de Santiago, A Pilgrim’s Journey: Walk the historic Camino de Santiago with us this June in a 10-day pilgrimage across Spain, starting in Sarria to Santiago de Compostela Learn more about this tour from Girls’ Guide to Paris here. `
9. The Ultimate Scottish Adventure: Enjoy this mystical land during our 8-day luxury tour for women in August. Walk the majestic isle of Skye, enjoy the Highland Games and stay in a stunning medieval castle. Learn more about this tour from Girls’ Guide to Paris here. `
Discover more for the Active Adventuress here
Sandra Phinney’s journey through Nova Scotia’s UNESCO Cliffs of Fundy Geopark, is a reminder that travel is often about letting things unfold.
Three reasons why Reykjavik, Iceland should be your first post-pandemic solo trip, from guest writer Marisa Pooley.
Inspired by the women who came before her, adventurous solo traveller Angela Maxwell shares lessons from her courageous walk around the world.