Bucket list travel at incredible prices!
One of the ways we can reduce the cost of travel is by looking for deals and discounts on travel. In partnership with Intrepid, we have curated three different travel experiences just for JourneyWoman readers that offer you significant savings. The savings are as spectacular as the experiences.
Imagine setting sail on a small ship or sailboat in Greece, Croatia and the Galapagos. Book before the end of May for 25% off departures this summer. For the budget-conscious solo traveller, Intrepid is offering 20% discounts on its Basix Adventures to places like South Africa and Peru, featuring homestays, guest houses and even camping. For those women seeking a bucket list experience, Intrepid is offering Antarctica expeditions at a 30% savings.
These are limited offers and it is important that you use the discount code and review the terms and conditions carefully for the tours of your choice. If you have any questions call, USA: 1 800 970 7299, Canada: 1 855 299 1211
Don’t forget travel insurance! Compare prices on insuremyflight.com.
Photo provided by Intrepid Travel
25% off Small Cruise Tours
Greece, Croatia and Galapagos departing June 1 – September 30, 2023
Book by May 31, 2023
Small ship cruising with Intrepid is a personalized experience from the moment you step foot on deck. It’s getting to know your crew and fellow passengers by name, and venturing to the secluded coves and uninhabited islands the bigger vessels can’t touch.
Set sail with Intrepid on a Galapagos, Greece, or Croatia Adventure Cruising charter and take a seaworthy 25% of your voyage when you book by the end of May!
- Imagine the sun warming you while you lean over the side of a boat – just peacefully watching the clear water wash against limestone cliffs and pebbly shores as you pass for as little as $2,400CAD for 8 days – Cruise Croatia
- Gaze at the sea, land and sky, spotting blue-footed boobies, Galapagos sea turtles and sea lions in their natural habitat for a little as $3,200CAD for 6 days – Cruise Galapagos
- Secluded beaches, ancient ruins, local flavours and spectacular sunsets at $4,800CAD for 9 days. – Cruise Greece
Don’t forget to use our exclusive promo code 691608 at the time of booking! *Terms & Conditions apply
Photo provided by Intrepid Travel
Back to Basix
20% off Basix Adventures departing June 1 – August 31, 2023
Book by May 31, 2023
Intrepid’s Basix-themed small-group trips are designed to maximize your time spent adventuring. As a wise person probably once said, a bed’s just a bed when there’s exploring to be done.
From an 22 day overland safari across South Africa (see here) starting as low as $3,000CAD to an 21 day tour of Peru (see here) starting as low as $3,000 CAD. These prices are exceptional. When booking be sure to start by entering the country you want to visit and add dates that apply to the conditions
Don’t forget to use our exclusive promo code 691610 at the time of booking! *Terms & Conditions apply
Photo provided by Intrepid Travel
Antarctica Up To 30% Off* 2023 Departures
Book by July 31, 2023
Cruising the Drake Passage, exploring ice-dotted bays by Zodiac, and getting uplcose to gentoo penguins and migrating blue whales – the ultimate adventure is waiting – join Intrepid Travel to explore Antarctica with hands-on, feet-on, expert-led expeditions. These once-in-a-lifetime trips start for a low as $9,800CAD.
With Intrepid’s exclusive JourneyWoman discount, now’s the time to experience the majesty of the 7th continent.
Don’t forget to use our exclusive promo code 691609 at the time of booking! *Terms & Conditions apply
Terms and Conditions
- The offer is only available to bookings made in USD and CAD
- All offers apply to the trip price only, cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount except lower deposit for qualifying tips.
- All offers apply to land element of trip only and cannot be redeemed against additional accommodation, transfers, sightseeing, or local payments/kittys.
- Our trips are subject to availability and confirmation by Intrepid at time of booking.
- If you wish to cancel and rebook your trip or change dates outside the promotional period, you will be required to pay the full cost towards the new trip.
- Except as set out above, Intrepid’s Booking Conditions apply.
Galapagos, Greece, and Croatia
1. The 25% off offer applies to new bookings made and deposited between 01 May 2023 00:00 EDT and 31 May 2023 11:59pm PDT. 2. 25% discount can be applied towards the following Intrepid Travel small group adventure trips only: a. Galapagos, Greece, and Croatia Adventure Cruising charters (excludes sell-ins)– departing 01 June 2023 – 30 September 2023. 3. The offer excludes the following: a. Short-Break Adventures; b. Adventure Cruise trips operated by Variety: DYKR, DYKS, DYKV, LYKP, LYKS, QYKS, QYKR. c. Tailor-Made Experiences; d. Urban Adventure trips. 4. All offers apply to the trip price only, cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount except lower deposit for qualifying tips.
JourneyWoman 20% off Basix
1. The offer applies to new bookings made and deposited between 01 May 2023 00:00 EDT and 31 May 2023 11:59pm PDT. 2. The offer is only available to bookings made in USD and CAD. a. 25% discount can be applied towards any Basix style themed Intrepid Travel small group adventures, departing between 1 June 2023– 31 August 2023. 3. The offer excludes the following: i. All polar trips in the Antarctic and Arctic; ii. Short-Break Adventures; iii. Tailor-Made Experiences; iv. Urban Adventures trips; v. Expedition trips; vi. Adventure Cruise trips operated by Variety: DYKR, DYKS, DYKV, LYKP, LYKS, QYKS, QYKR.
1. The Antarctica 2023 offer applies to new bookings made and deposited between 9:00pm GMT 01 May 2023 – 7:59am GMT 31 July 2023. 2. The following discounts apply to our Antarctica 2023/2024 offers for trips departing between 1 November 2023 – 14 December 2023 unless otherwise specified on select departures on the Ocean Endeavour. 3. Antarctica 2023/2024 offers above applies on the following Ocean Endeavour cruises only: i. Best of Antarctica: Pristine Wilderness (GQMDW): 02 November 2023, 11 November 2023; 22. Shackleton’s Antarctica, South Georgia & Falklands Explorer (GQMWS): 20 November 2023; iii. Best of Antarctica: Wildlife Explorer (GQMDE): 09 December 2023. 4. All offers apply to the berth price only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount. 5. Offers apply to cruise price only and is not applicable to fuel surcharges, land tours, additional on-board activities, additional accommodation, transfers, flights, travel insurance, local payments/kitty’s or to group bookings. 6. Pricing is per person and compulsory single supplements may apply for certain cabin types. 7. The cabins and cruises are subject to availability and confirmation by Intrepid Travel and offers may be withdrawn or amended at any time. 8. If you wish to cancel and rebook your trip or change dates outside the promotional period, you will be required to pay the full deposit towards the new trip. 9. Except as set out expressly above, Intrepid Travel’s Booking Conditions relating to Antarctic Voyages (Ocean Endeavour) apply. 10. Intrepid’s vaccination policy applies.
We have more trips, including Antarctica tours, for adventurous solo women in our Women’s Travel Directory. Search by destination and find. the trip of your dreams.
More on Solo Trips for Women
The Top Seven Once-in-a-Lifetime Travel Experiences Every Woman Should Have
We reveal the top seven Once-in-a-Lifetime Travel Experiences recommended by women, including the Northern LIghts, the Camino de Santiago, Canada’s Rocky Mountains, a Safari in Africa, an Antarctica expedition, Machu Picchu and Bali.
Women Share Their Best “Once-in-a-Lifetime” Solo Travel Experiences
Once-in-a-lifetime travel isn’t just about the destination, it’s about adventure, learning, and journeys of the soul.
5 Things Women Travellers 65+ Know That Make Them Ageless
JourneyWomen 65+ share their wisdom and show us how they embrace life – and travel – to the fullest.
How Women Find Healing and Renewal in Solo Travel
When faced with loss or grief, we intuitively turn to travel for wellness and healing, as shown in these inspirational stories of renewal.
Travel Tips for Toronto with the Honourable David Crombie
Have you ever considered a city’s ‘bone structure’ when you’re travelling? You’ll want to check out these tips from the Honourable David Crombie, who shares his inside tips to rediscover Toronto, its ravines, waterfront and green spaces.
Women Over 50 Lead Off-Season Travel Trend, New Survey Says
JourneyWoman’s latest survey of women over 50 shows a trend to off-season travel, less-travelled places and longer trips.
Solo Travel Deals with Adventures in Good Company
From the seascapes of Newport, Rhode Island to the calming blue waters of Lake Tahoe to the picturesque landscapes of Montana, South Dakota and Colorado, join Adventures in Good Company this summer.
Insights into Kenya’s Endangered Cheetahs, From Mary Wykstra, founder of Action for Cheetahs
In Africa, the cheetah population is dwindling as they are captured as pets, killed over conflict and suffering from land use and climate change.
Please note that we use the terms “female” and “women” to refer to any individual who identifies as a woman or with femininity, including transgender and non-binary individuals. We always strive to use real photos from our own adventures, provided by the guest writer or from our personal travels. However, in some cases, due to photo quality, we must use stock photography. If you have any questions about the photography please let us know.
Disclaimer: We are so happy that you are checking out this page right now! We only recommend things that are suggested by our community, or through our own experience, that we believe will be helpful and practical for you. Some of our pages contain links, which means we’re part of an affiliate program for the product being mentioned. Should you decide to purchase a product using a link from on our site, JourneyWoman may earn a small commission from the retailer, which helps us maintain our beautiful website. JourneyWoman is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases. Thank you!
We want to hear what you think about this article, and we welcome any updates or changes to improve it. You can comment below, or send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.